For the most part, phase one of our remodel is complete. Almost. At least we are no longer sequestered to our bedroom . Now the focus is in the finishing touches. You know what I’m talking about. It’s the stuff that we seem to notice. The detail stuff. So, I am going to put myself out there and show you what still needs to be done in hope that it will spur me along to stay focused and get it finished . Oh – and maybe winning the mega million might help out as well.
For starters, our living room. Here is what it looked like before. It is even hard for me to remember that it looked like this this time last year.
1. Shocking as it may be…….that fireplace is cast stone that the previous owners painted white and then sealed it. Gasp! When we bought the house I thought the fireplace was kinda cool looking especially with that little copper do-dad. Now, well not so much. I want a mantle pretty bad now. It would be a very big deal to redo the fireplace as it is total concrete. Just don’t think I have it in me right now. So in the meantime I want to muddle together some glazes and attempt to return it to those same colors of cast stone. If any of you have done a faux stone treatment on your fireplace I would love to hear how you did it. I have stripped the finish from the copper and want it to patina. As of right now I am not brave enough to help it along.
2. Want to add LED lights in those glass cabinets in the kitchen.
3. Finish hanging the rest of our plates. I am happy to report that after my husband and I hung these plates we are still on speaking terms. He was very patient hearing me say, “move it a tad to the left, no that’s too much, ok now just about an 1/8″ up” .
4. Our cabinet guy is painting our shutters the same color of our kitchen cabinets. Hmmm, he told me he would have them here before Christmas??? Obviously you can see that did not happen.
Our dining room – this used to be a solid wall and the dining room was orange when we bought the house. Although I like orange – just not in my house.
1. We need window treatments in here pretty darn bad!!!
2. And a rug would be nice.
3. New Chandelier
Also crown moulding, of course.
You can see how bright and sunny it is in the morning.
Now the kitchen and butlers pantry
1. Need window treatment over the sink – but just can’t decide what I want.
1. I would like to add LED lights inside the glass front cabinets as well as under.
The family room – here is a before
And here is the after. It is hard to imagine it is the same room.
1. Add crown moulding
2. Window treatment – gets pretty sunny in this room.
3. I want some air vents with a tad more style. These are ugly!! But for now I am trying to keep my focus on eye level.
Oh! I also want to do some beams in this room also and add lantern style lighting.
Oh – also the bookshelves are not quite to my liking. But that will be a separate post.
And the sofa needs to be re-upholstered.
I guess a house never gets finished, does it?? No sooner do we make a list and complete it than we see something else we want to do. It is a vicious circle.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
Thanks for visiting my blog – come visit again soon!